The agriculture sector offers investors a wealth of opportunities to capture growth & income driven by rising demand for foods & fuels. FDC-Texas provides direct property & development management, loan servicing, markets, and due diligence consulting on individual project based on asset class analysis, market commentary & opportunities to participate in real-asset agriculture investments.
Demand for agricultural commodities is rising fast due to:
- Population growth is occurring at the fastest pace in history
- Super-size populations in developing economies are spending their rising incomes on food & energy, demanding a more resource-intensive, western-style diet
- Current Agricultural productivity is close to the limit of expansion
- Climate change & a host of other agricultural land reducing factors
The increasing demand for food, feed & fuel coupled with a diminishing supply of productive assets is causing growth in farmland & commodities, placing agricultural investment strategies high on the agenda of institutional and private investors.
Agricultural land has shown to outperform the majority of traditional investment assets & financial markets, thus protecting portfolios during periods of economic volatility. As the agriculture sector expands due to a continually larger population requiring more commodities, well-managed investors will capitalize on this growth in demand for products and services, generating capital growth & income from properly managed farmland.
Example: Organizations Investing In Agribusiness/Farmland:
- African Agricultural Capital, Agrifirma
- Belton Private Equity, Black Earth Farming, Black River Asset Management
- Al Cardinal Investment, LLC.
- Deutsche Bank, Dow Employee’s Pension Plan
- Emerging Capital Partners, Emirates Investment Group
- Gates Foundation, Gatsby Charitable Foundation, George Washington University Endowment Fund, Global Environmental Fund, Goldman Sachs – Great Southern Management
- Hancock Agricultural Investment Group
- Industrial Development Corp, Islamic Development Bank
- Libyan Investment Authority, Libyan Foreign Investment Company
- Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investments, Morgan Stanley
- UBS AgriVest
- Phatisa Group
- Sanlam Private Equity, SilverStreet Capital
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Wexford Capital